You are also able to apply by contacting our Contact Centre at 1-866-449-4423.
Completed applications will be processed within 10 business days of receipt. COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program – Small Business (CEAP-SB) funding is limited. Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received. Submitting an application for CEAP-SB does not guarantee funding.
You cannot receive CEAP-SB funding for multiple storefronts or locations.
To learn more about the program you can contact us at 1-866-449-4423 or send an email to email@example.com.
CEAP-SB Eligibility Criteria
Small business and registered charity electricity customers may be eligible for CEAP-SB funding if they meet all of the following criteria:
- As of the date you are applying, your small business or registered charity has an active account with an electricity distributor or a unit sub-meter provider. You will be required to provide your registered business number or charitable registration number.
- Your small business or registered charity is using less than 150,000 kWh of electricity annually if the account is with a unit sub-meter provider.
- Your small business or registered charity did not have any overdue amounts on its electricity bill on March 17, 2020, the date of the Provincial Declaration of Emergency, or at made at least partial payments on amounts overdue prior to March 17, 2020.
- As of the date you are applying, your small business or registered charity has any overdue amounts owing from at least two electricity bills since March 17, 2020.
- Your small business or registered charity was required to close* its premises to members of the public for regular operations for at least fifteen (15) days as a result of a government order or an inability to adapt your business or charity to comply with public health recommendations.
* “close” means that the small business or registered charity was unable to maintain regular operations as a result of government order or health recommendations that required them to either fully close operations, limit access to their premises or limit the services provided or available to the public.
You may be eligible for an enhanced credit if your small business or registered charity’s main heating source is electricity.
If you are not eligible for CEAP-SB, your place of residence may still be eligible for residential CEAP-SB or lower-income energy support programs. Please contact our Contact Centre for more information on entering into a payment agreement. You may also visit the Ontario Energy Board’s website for more information.
CEAP-SB Benefit Amounts
CEAP-SB funding is limited. Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received. Submitting an application for CEAP-SB does not guarantee funding.
Eligible small business and charitable organization electricity customers may qualify for a one-time CEAP-SB credit equal to the electricity charges that are overdue on the date of their application for CEAP-SB, up to a maximum of $850 if their premises primarily use electricity for heating, or up to a maximum of $425 otherwise.