March 31, 2020
Enercare Connections is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and would like to share the measures we are taking to support our customers and employees during this difficult time.
How we’re helping our customers:
- Enercare Connections will be voluntarily suspending all disconnections for non-payment until July 31, 2020 so customers do not have to worry about being without electricity during this time.
Billing and Payment Options
- We recognize that this is a difficult time for everyone and we are committed to helping customers manage their utility bills. If you have concerns about paying your bill or have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, please call us at 1-866-449-4423 to see what options are available for you. Our customer support centre remains functioning at normal capacity, with our agents all safely working at home.
- We want to remind our customers that there are financial assistance programs, including emergency relief, available:
- For our Ontario customers (https://www.oeb.ca/rates-and-your-bill/help-low-income-consumers):
- The Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP), which provides emergency financial relief to eligible low-income customers.
- The Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP), which enables eligible low-income customers to receive a fixed monthly credit on their electricity bills.
- For our Alberta customers:
- Financial assistance may be available to you during this time. You can find a list of agencies in Alberta that can help here: https://ucahelps.alberta.ca/financial-assistance.aspx
- The government of Alberta has put programs in place for immediate financial relief for those impacted. More information can be found here: https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/covid19-90-day-utility-deferral.pdf
- If you are concerned about interruptions or delays in receiving your monthly bill, or would prefer not to have manual handling and delivery of your bill, you can register for the convenience of paperless e-billing at MyEnercare.ca.
- For our Ontario customers:
- Enercare Connections charges customers using the same electricity pricing model as the building’s bulk hydro bill from the local distribution company, such as RPP Tiered Rates, Time-of-Use Rates, Hourly Energy Price (HOEP) or Electricity Retail Contract. Your bill reflects the pricing model that the building is on.
- The Government of Ontario is providing temporary 45-day emergency relief to support Ontarians impacted by the global COVID-19 outbreak. As of
March 24, 2020, customers who pay time-of-use electricity rates will be charged off-peak rates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For customers on other electricity pricing models, there has been no pricing change. Enercare will continue to update its rates to reflect any future pricing changes announced by the government.
- For more information please visit https://www.oeb.ca/newsroom/2020/covid-19-peak-electricity-pricing-place
- For our Alberta customers:
- There has been no communicated electricity pricing change at this time but Enercare will continue to update its rates to reflect any future pricing changes announced by the Alberta government.
How we’re protecting our employees:
Our excellent service relies on our team – we’re helping them stay informed, updated and prepared, but most importantly to protect themselves and ensure their
well-being. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and have adjusted our business practices to maintain the health and safety of our team. This includes:
- having our office team work from home;
- postponing in-suite meter installation and maintenance; and
- anyone working on behalf of Enercare – including our Installation team – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14-day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 (presumptive or confirmed case) or are feeling unwell.
Keeping you informed:
We will keep you informed of any developments right here, as we are committed to implementing any necessary new measures as the situation progresses.