- No purchase necessary. To enter the E-billing Contest (the “Contest”), register for Enercare Connections Inc.’s (“Enercare”) paperless e-billing service between September 1, 2019 and October 15, 2019 (the “Contest Period”) and you will automatically be entered in the Contest. If you register for Enercare’s e-billing service and also register for pre-authorized payment you will automatically be entered for two entries in the Contest. A limit of two (2) entries for successful registration of e-billing and pre-authorized payment per Enercare account number is allowed.
- During the Contest Period, you must successfully register for Enercare’s e-billing service to be automatically entered for one entry in the Contest. In order to be eligible for a second automatic entry, you must successfully register for both Enercare’s e-billing service and pre-authorized payment during the Contest Period. A cancellation and re-subscription to Enercare's e-billing or pre-authorized payment service during the Contest Period will not count as an entry to the Contest. To constitute an entry, each eligible new subscription must be finalized and active by the end of the Contest Period. Any subscription shall be subject to approval and confirmation by Enercare and any subscription determined by Enercare to be incomplete, inactive or otherwise ineligible, shall not constitute an entry into the Contest.
To register for Enercare’s paperless e-billing service, please use one of the following options:
- Create an account/log in to Enercare’s online portal at MyEnercare.ca and select E-Billing from the menu options;
- Contact Enercare’s Customer Care Centre by telephone at 1-866-449-4423 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Visit www.Enercare.ca/New-Service-Setup to complete the online Account Setup Form and register for E-Billing (new customers only); or
- Complete and submit a Customer Services Agreement by fax to 416-649-1969, by mail to Enercare Connections Inc., Customer Care Centre, PO Box 4638 Station A, Toronto, ON, M5W 5C7 or by email to email@example.com and select the E-Billing option (new customers only).
To also register for Enercare’s pre-authorized payment service, please use one of the following options:
- Create an account/log in to Enercare’s online portal at MyEnercare.ca and fill out the form located under the menu option Payment Options>Pre-Authorized Payment;
- Contact Enercare’s Customer Care Centre by telephone at 1-866-449-4423 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of our Pre-Authorized Payment Form; or
- Visit www.Enercare.ca/New-Service-Setup to complete the online Account Setup Form and register for for Pre-Authorized Payment (new customers only).
- There are a total of three (3) prizes available to be won:
- One (1) grand prize consisting of a $1,500 prepaid credit card, Amazon gift card or Best Buy gift card;
- One (1) second place prize of consisting of a $750 prepaid credit card, Amazon gift card or Best Buy gift card; and
- One (1) third place prize of consisting of a $250 prepaid credit card, Amazon gift card or Best Buy gift card. Card terms and conditions apply, see card for details. For greater certainty, each winner will have the option of selecting only one (1) of a prepaid credit card, Amazon gift card or Best Buy gift card in the applicable amount set forth above.
- The Contest is open to persons who have reached the legal age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence and who reside in Canada (excluding residents of Québec). Employees or members of the immediate family of, or those domiciled with an employee, director, sales representative, Contest-related supplier or agent of Enercare its divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies engaged in connection with the Contest (together the “Sponsor Entities”) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Registering for e-billing is not necessary to enter and will not increase your chances of winning the Contest. To enter without registering for e-billing, please write your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address and phone number on a 3x5 index card and mail it to: Enercare Connections Inc., 8133 Warden Ave, Suite 601, Markham, ON, L6G 1B3. Entries must be received by October 15, 2019. Enercare shall not be responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, stolen or incomplete entries.
- The prize draw will take place on October 22, 2019. You must register for Enercare’s e-billing service (and pre-authorized payment service, if applicable) by 11:59 pm on October 15, 2019 to be eligible for the draw. The draw will take place at 8133 Warden Ave, Suite 601, Markham, ON, L6G 1B3.
- Three names will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the grand prize, the second entry drawn will be eligible to win the second prize and the third entry drawn will be eligible to win the third prize. In order to be eligible to win and claim their prize, the selected entrants must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question and complete, sign and return a standard form of declaration and release (“Release”) confirming compliance with these Contest Rules and releasing the Sponsor Entities from any liability connected to this Contest or prize(s). Winners must also agree to the use of his/her name, city of residence, and image in any publicity carried out by Enercare without compensation.
- Selected entrants will be contacted within seven (7) business days of the draw via the email address used for e-billing registration or provided in respect of an entry otherwise submitted in accordance with these Contest Rules. Selected entrants must complete the Release and return it to Enercare at the address provided on the Release within eight (8) business days of the date of the email, or they will forfeit their prize claim and another entrant will be selected. If a selected entrant cannot be reached by e-mail, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, fails to sign and return the Release within the allotted time, declines the prize or is not otherwise in compliance with these Contest Rules, another name will be drawn to replace that selected entrant. Enercare is not liable for any errors in a selected entrant’s email address.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and a winner cannot substitute any prize for another prize. A winner is not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual prize value and the stated approximate value of the prize, if any. Prizes may not be sold, transferred or converted to cash and will not be refunded if unused. No substitutions, changes or extensions are permitted. Enercare reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prizes.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- All decisions of Enercare and the Sponsor Entities in connection with this Contest are final. Enercare reserves the right to change or amend the terms of this Contest or terminate it at any time, in its sole discretion without prior notice. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants. To receive a copy of the Contest Rules or the results of the Contest, send a postage paid, self-addressed envelope on or before October 15, 2019 to 8133 Warden Ave, Suite 601, Markham, ON, L6G 1B3 Attn: E-billing Contest.
- All entries become the property of Enercare, which assumes no responsibility for incomplete, lost, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries. No entries will be returned.
- Enercare will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any entry to be received by Enercare for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Enercare will further not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material relating to the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Enercare reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.